Diploma in MLT
- Eligibility: 12th/HS pass (any stream)
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Duration: 2 Years
- Certification: BSS – Bharat Sevak Samaj
- Competency: After successful completion of the training candidate will be able to Techniques & Labeling of the Sample, Preparation of anticoagulants, RBC, WBC, platelet count, CBC & complete Haemogram, ESR estimation, PCV, Urine Examination, Blood collection, Biochemistry Laboratory Analysis, Semi-Auto Analyzer handling, Colorimeter estimation, Microtome use & Histopathology Slide preparation, Microbiological Test, Clinical Pathological Tests, Haematological estimations, Qualitative identification of Blood Sugar, Proteins, Glucose Tolerance Test, Stool, Biological fluids examination, Knowledge on Vacutainer, Channel set-up, etc.
- Mode of Admission: Direct admission
- Training Methodology: 1st year: Theory & Practical in campus. 2nd year: internship or OJT at Pvt. Hospital / Nursing Home / Diagnostic Laboratory.
- Mode of Exam: Class test and Final exam Annually Languages: English.
- Employability: after completing the training and internship the candidate will be able to assist the Pathologist in the Lab, work as Independent Medical Lab Technician, in the post of Phlebotomy Technician etc. in Private Hospital, Pathological Diagnostic Center etc.
Placement: Through campus interview, only for competent candidates in Private sector.
Program Duration or Course Structure
|Regular Students||Experience Students|
|Theory Training - 6 months|
Laboratory Training - 6 month
|Doubt Clearance Classes|
|On Job Training – 12 months||Doctor Seminars|
For understanding and becoming subject-matter experts in MLT attendance is 100% mandatory for the course.
Training Campuses: Kolkata & Siliguri